NYC FACADE INSPECTOR (QEWI)
DRPILLA is currently seeking a Qualified Exterior Wall Inspector (QEWI) to join our team within our Nyack, NY office. The candidate will join our team of experts and work within a functional team that is responsible for providing façade engineering and inspection services throughout New York City as per the NYCDOB Façade Inspection Safety Program (FISP), while ensuring projects meet the company’s Quality and Project Management standards and other requirements.
- Perform and lead visual inspections of construction (primarily masonry and roofing repair / replacement) at various buildings in accordance with the NYC Building Code, and the writing of technical reports of the inspection results.
- A registered design professional with at least 7 years of relevant NYC FISP inspection experience.
- Approved by the New York Department of Building (NYSDOB ) as QEWI.
- Perform building inspections from the ground, the roof, from lifts, from suspended scaffolding, and from supported scaffolding. Inspections from suspended scaffolding range from approximately 6 to 60 stories. Inspections from supported (pipe frame) scaffolding range from approximately 2 to 20 stories.
- Provide support to various project types; façade restoration, exterior rehabilitation, historic preservation, forensic investigation and interior alterations, etc.
- A New York State licensed and registered architect (RA) or New York State Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering or Bachelor in Architecture.