SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER
DRPILLA is currently seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to join our site / civil group within our Nyack, NY office. The candidate is responsible for the design of erosion and sedimentation control plans, floodplain analysis, storm water management, best management practices, site layout, utility design, and grading. They will also be responsible for completing calculations, reports, and spreadsheets. They support and complement the project team by providing a strong work ethic and thrive in being the senior technical leader on the project team environment. Project types represent a broad cross section of commercial, governmental, industrial, institutional, recreational facilities, residential, and retail.
The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design multi-acre retail, commercial, industrial and/or residential development including due diligence, permitting and limited contract administration.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Research, understand and apply City, State, and Federal codes
- Estimate project costs, including materials, equipment, and labor.
- Communicate tasks and schedule and coordinate project assignments with project team.
- Execute assigned tasks accurately, on schedule, and within budget.
- PE license preferred.
- Accredited bachelor’s degree with a civil concentration; master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of civil experience. Strong knowledge of all the technical aspects of the civil engineering practice.
- Experience with subdivision and land development projects
- Experience with design software (AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Hydrologic/Hydraulic design software)
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated background in plan production and project execution.
- Authorization to work long term in the U.S.
- Written, verbal and graphic skills are essential.