The Industrial Center at McKibbin Street is a gut renovation of several buildings constructed in the 1850’s and 1930’s. The new complex provides 72,000 square feet of light manufacturing and artisan workspace which houses more than 100 full-time jobs when leased. While a modern infrastructure was installed, the historic brick facade and interior and 1930’s era multi-light steel windows were restored to their original specifications. The property is the last remaining structure of its kind in Brooklyn, originally serving as a rope manufacturer within Brooklyn’s then thriving maritime industry. The site is on the National Register of Historic Places and is the winner of the 2009 Historic Preservation Award.
December 2016Structure Magazine
December 2015Structure Magazine