DRPILLA is currently seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the management of projects, preparing geotechnical engineering reports, performing geotechnical engineering calculations, and performing special inspections in support of: borings, test pits, earth retaining structures (temporary and permanent), soil and rock inspection, deep/shallow foundations, construction plan and specification adherence, and field coordination with subconsultants.
- Performing geotechnical design and analysis for deep and shallow foundations, earthworks, retaining walls, excavations, tunnels and underground structures.
- Collaborating within multi-disciplinary teams in the design of geotechnical elements for buildings and infrastructure projects.
- Preparing geotechnical reports, design drawings and technical specifications.
- Planning and overseeing subsurface investigation, laboratory testing and geotechnical instrumentation monitoring programs.
- Observing construction of geotechnical elements in the field, including pile driving, drilled shaft installation, shallow foundation subgrade preparation, and earthworks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Geological, or Mining Engineering; Master’s Degree in Geotechnical/Tunneling Engineering is preferred.
- EIT/FE in New York is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in geotechnical engineering practice with emphasis on design and analysis of building foundations, civil works, excavations and underground structures.
- Experience in data processing using digital tools: development of workflows and generation of automated processes.
- Good knowledge of federal and state/city codes.
- Experience in foundations construction oversight.
- Strong organization skills including the ability to prioritize effectively, adapt to evolving project demands, and manage deadlines.